Narrow Security has been providing fire watch services to companies throughout New York for many years. A significant portion of our business is conducted in the tri-state area. We have trained security officers available to conduct fire watch services.
Narrow Security’s licensed fire watch security and security officers are specially trained and experienced in providing fire watch services to businesses that are in the process of installing a fire protection system or are having problems with their current fire alarm system. We are able to respond immediately to a request for a fire watch security services and can deploy our security team with minimal notice. Our fire watch security services in nyc remain on site until your fire detection systems and sprinklers are fully operational, and have been inspected and approved by the Fire Marshall.
Our clients typically include builders and construction companies, property developers, and property owners. It usually relates to work being performed at construction sites or the renovation of offices, manufacturing sites, distributions centers, and other facilities. The continued use and occupancy of any structure or business is dependent on all installed fire protection systems being maintained in an operational mode. At the beginning of an assignment, we conduct a walk-through with the client, establishing the patrol area and property under our care. In accordance with best practices and state laws, we provide documentation of all patrolled areas. As noted above, we remain on site until the Fire Marshall has inspected and approved the installed fire protection system. At which time, we are typically released from the assignment.
Circumstances Requiring a Fire Watch Services In NYC
- Inoperative or malfunctioning alarm system
- Malfunctioning fire sprinklers
- Power loss
- Water supply shutdown
- Presence of toxic or flammable materials
Components of a Fire Watch Services
- Patrol designated buildings and property at specified intervals
- Check for signs of fire (flames, smoke, improperly stored flammable or hazardous materials and increased temperatures)
- Identify other dangerous situations (water, steam or gas leaks, and power losses)
- Monitor premises for other safety issues that could create risk or hinder response time
- Ensure that entrances and exits are not locked and those fire lanes are clear of vehicles or other obstacles
- Verify that extinguishers, along with other fire or emergency equipment, are fully functional and up-to-date
- Maintain a log of fire watch activities
- Notify the fire department in the event of an emergency
- Execute rapid, safe evacuation, if necessary
Service consists of regular patrols throughout:
- All buildings areas (including common areas, corridors, mechanical and storage rooms on all floors)
- Occupied residence buildings
- Unoccupied residence buildings
A patrol usually occurs every 30-60 minutes. Frequency is determined by your local fire department based on risk level.
Record Keeping For NYC
A patrol log is kept at your facility at all times during the fire watch. It contains:
- Address of your location
- Times of each patrol
- Name of the fire watch security on duty
- All communication to the fire department and protection system company
- Other information as required by the fire marshal